Conscious Consumers is a growing social enterprise startup with proven technology. We are building a data platform to enable consumers to vote more effectively with their dollar while providing businesses insights into what their customers value. We have customers, users, and a revenue stream and we are taking on investment to help us grow in New Zealand and expand into the UK.
Your mission will be to take a senior role in our team, working across the full stack to design, develop and support our newly global platform. You'll also be supporting others in the Technology team, and working closely with business teams as you go.
What we’re looking for
- You are a full stack developer with 5+ years' experience building software. If this isn't you, we also have roles open for a front-end dev and junior dev.
- You are comfortable with the entire development stack from front-end down to the data persistence level.
- You can handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end.
- You lead others, or others look to you for guidance.
- You can self-manage your projects.
- You can leverage asynchronous programming, queuing, caching, logging, security and persistence when appropriate.
- You want to write code that will make a social and environmental impact.
- You want to work in a grown-up start-up.
- Working with the team to plan out epics and tasks
- Troubleshooting low level issues
- Designing and implementing entire subsystems
- Mentoring team members via pair programming and conducting code reviews
- Working with UX to optimize analytics
- Provide input on and support UX team in User Testing
What qualities are important to us?
- Love development
- Committed to learning
- Flexible and adaptive to find better solutions, and better ways of working
- Love shipping quality product
- Eager to work collaboratively with both techies and non-techies
- Excited about our mission of connecting consumers and businesses for the good of people and planet
What else do you need to know?
- This is a full-time permanent role, and we're happy to explore flexible hours or reduced hours (e.g., four day work week) to better fit your life.
- The salary will be competitive, and there is also the possibility of shares/options, this is currently in design.
- We'd like this role to start as soon as possible.
- Our application process will include interviews with key people.
- We're into data, and will be keen to talk to your recent references
- You need to be in Wellington, or willing to move here.
- You need to be already eligible to work here in NZ and have a work permit.
Applications close 27 September, 2017.
This is a hugely exciting time to be with Conscious Consumers. We’re growing the team and taking on the world. We want a diverse, high-performing bunch of people who are committed to our mission, and eager to make a difference.
Check out our jobs page for other job openings and to sign up for job alerts.
27 September, 2017