Conscious Consumers is a growing social enterprise startup with proven technology. We are building a data platform to enable consumers to vote more effectively with their dollar while providing businesses insights into what their customers value. We have customers, users, and a revenue stream and we are taking on investment to help us grow in New Zealand and expand into the UK.
Your mission will be to take a senior role in our team, working across the full stack to design, develop and support our newly global platform. You'll also be supporting others in the Technology team, and working closely with business teams as you go.
What we’re looking for
- You are a front end developer with 2+ years of experience working in teams to build software. If this isn't you, we also have roles open for a senior dev and a junior dev.
- You write unit tests for your code and rely on other developers tests as documentation.
- You can apply the principles of progressive enhancement.
- You are comfortable developing user experiences that work beautifully across a range of devices and platforms.
- You can turn a raster image of a mockup into pure html and css.
- You have great HTML5/CSS skills.
- You have experience with front end frameworks such as ReactJS, jQuery, Backbone.js, Ember.js.
- Experience with open source and agile development methodologies.
- You can work with a designer to use and evolve design patterns across a range of interfaces.
- You want to write code that will make a social and environmental impact.
- You want to work in a values-driven startup that looks after its people.
- Working closely with UX and Product Owner to implement features and A/B tests and optimize analytics.
- Developing new features.
- Testing your own code.
- Measuring performance by profiling your frontend code.
What qualities are important to us?
- Love development.
- Committed to learning.
- Flexible and adaptive to find better solutions, and better ways of working.
- Love shipping quality product.
- Eager to work collaboratively with both techies and non-techies.
- Excited about our mission of connecting consumers and businesses for the good of people and planet.
What else do you need to know?
- This is a full-time permanent role, and we're happy to explore flexible hours or reduced hours (e.g., four day work week) to better fit your life.
- The salary will be competitive, and there is also the possibility of shares/options, this is currently in design.
- We'd like this role to start as soon as possible.
- Our application process will include interviews with key people.
- We're into data, and will be keen to talk to your recent references.
- You need to be in Wellington, or willing to move here.
- You need to be already eligible to work here in NZ and have a work permit.
Applications closed for this role on 27 September, 2017.
This is a hugely exciting time to be with Conscious Consumers. We’re growing the team and taking on the world. We want a diverse, high-performing bunch of people who are committed to our mission, and eager to make a difference.
Check out our jobs page for other job openings and to sign up for job alerts.
Applications have closed
Please register for Job Alerts if you want to hear about upcoming roles